Monday, November 12, 2012

NAF Week 5- Self-Empowered or Spirit-Filled- Questions for Discussion and Reflection

In Not a Fan Kyle Idleman writes, “The only way to be filled with the Spirit is to empty myself of me. When I empty me of me, it provides space for the Holy Spirit to fill me… Think of it this way: I have a friend who got married last year… I noticed that his framed poster of Kramer of Seinfeld moved (from his apartment) to his office… Now let me ask you, was it a coincidence that Kramer moved out when his wife moved in?”

Read “Spiritual Breathing” on pages 95-98 of Not a Fan. How does this help you understand what it means to be filled with the Holy Spirit?

What do the following Scriptures reveal about the work of the Holy Spirit in your life?

Zechariah 4:6--

John 16:5-15--

1 Corinthians 3:16-- (Note: “you” here is plural referring to the whole church)

Galatians 5:16-26--

Ephesians 1:13-14--

Ephesians 4:3-5; 4:30; 6:18--

Titus 3:4-5--

2 Peter 1:20-21--

This week read chapters nine, Come after Me-- A passionate pursuit and ten, Deny-- A total surrender in Kyle Idleman’s book Not A Fan.
 
 

No comments: