Monday, November 5, 2012

NAF- Day Twenty-two


Today’s Scripture: He grew up before Him like a young plant and like a root out of dry ground. He didn’t have an impressive form or majesty that we should look at Him, no appearance that we should desire Him. Isaiah 53:2 

Read John 8. How is Jesus calling you to deeper followership?


In Not A Fan Idleman writes,

Sometimes in an effort to get as many people as possible to follow Jesus I have, with good intentions, made following Him sound as attractive and appealing as possible...I realized that I have been guilty of selling Jesus. And in emphasizing only the parts about Jesus that I thought people would like, and begging people to follow Him, I have unintentionally belittled Him...I‘m sorry if I‘ve ever cheapened Jesus or made it sound like we‘re doing Him a favor by choosing to follow.

Make a list of your reasons for following Jesus:

No comments: