Thursday, May 16, 2013

God's Messenger (the story of Jonah)

One of my favorite times during the week is walking my daughter home after picking her up from Club JAM (NMBC's mid-week children's ministry environment). She shares with me what she thought was funny about the video, a new song learned during worship team practice, a new truth she learned or something a friend said. If there is a lull in the conversation I ask her the typical "parent question", "So, what did you learn tonight?"

 It dawned on my this morning that while I often ask my girls about what they are learning, I rarely share with them what new truths "daddy is learning." It seems to me that this is part of the beauty of God's command in Deuteronomy 6:7, "You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." (ESV)

 Many of you have shared with me the impact the book of Jonah is having on your life and walk with Christ. Let me encourage you to share this with your family. My family loves the Jesus Storybook Bible. It is ideal for children 4 years old through elementary age.

Below enjoy a young girl sharing the Jonah story, God's Messenger from the Jesus Storybook Bible.

 

 Click here for family discussion questions and ideas from the story of Jonah in the Jesus Storybook Bible.

No comments: