Monday, March 25, 2013

Holy Week Devotional-- Day 2

Read Day Two (Monday), He Set His Face for Jerusalem in John Piper's Devotional, Love to the Uttermost.
 
Read Luke 9:51-56. Piper concludes, "Jesus, who was the very embodiment of his Father’s love for sinners, saw that the time had come and set his face to fulfill his mission: to die in Jerusalem for our sake." (Page 6)  What insights do the following Scriptures provide to Jesus’ proclamation, “No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This is the charge I have received from my Father” (John 10:18, ESV).
Matthew 26:53--
John 12:49; 14:31; and 15:10--
Philippians 2:7--
 
How does complementing the truth that no one, Judas, the Sanhedrin, or Pilate took Jesus' life, but that He laid it down willingly add to your worship?

No comments: