Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Holy Week-- Day 4

Read, Why Jesus is All Trustworthy (pages 10-12).  John Piper's ebook, Love to the Uttermost: Devotional readings for holy week can be downloaded for free here.                                                   Read John 13:18-30.
Piper concludes today's devotional, "In other words, Jesus is saying, 'If you are struggling to belive that I am the promised Messiah, that I am the one who was in the beginning with God and was God (John 1:1)... then I want to help you believe. And one of the ways I am going to help you have well grounded faith is by telling you what is going to happen to me before it happens, so that when it happens, you will have good reason to believe in me." (Page 12)
 
Read John 24:13-49. Here are two examples of Jesus' disciples struggling with doubt and unbelief. How does Jesus respond to them? How is this an encouragment/challenge  to you?
 


No comments: