Thursday, July 14, 2011


Baptism is the first step of obedience for the new Christian. Matthew 28:18-19– “And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit...’” It is interesting to watch the reaction when one of my girls is being mischievous and I call her to stop what she is doing or is about to do and come to me. She weighs the consequences before making a decision on whether or not she will obey. Very rarely, if ever does she change her mind after taking the first step. The first step of obedience is always the hardest. I believe this is true as well in our relationship with Christ. Taking the first step does not guarantee future obedience, but it does put us in the right direction.

Perry Noble is an edgy pastor I heard for the first time a couple of years ago at a pastor's conference hosted by Thomas Road Baptist Church. While I may not endorse all this methods, on the topic of baptism I believe he’s dead on. If you've trusted Christ as your Savior and have yet to be baptized consider this challenge.

No comments: