Wednesday, July 13, 2011


Baptism illustrates new life. The apostle Paul declares, "We were buried therefore with Him (Christ) by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life" (Romans 6:3-4). I love the picture that baptism illustrates. When Christ went into the tomb, positionally I went there with him and died to my old self. When Christ rose from the dead, I rose, too. This is the message that is proclaimed everytime a believer gets into the water to publicly declare his or her faith in Christ.

How long should a new Christian wait to be baptized? This Sunday we'll answer that question from Acts 8:26-40. Take a couple of minutes and listen to the answer John MacArthur gives to that question. Hint: My favorite qote from this clip is, "there is something I like about immediately."

No comments: