Sunday, June 4, 2017

Day 4: Centrality of the Word

Scripture: Psalm 119:17-24 NIV

Be good to your servant while I live,
    that I may obey your word.
18 Open my eyes that I may see
    wonderful things in your law.
19 I am a stranger on earth;
    do not hide your commands from me.
20 My soul is consumed with longing
    for your laws at all times.
21 You rebuke the arrogant, who are accursed,
    those who stray from your commands.
22 Remove from me their scorn and contempt,
    for I keep your statutes.
23 Though rulers sit together and slander me,
    your servant will meditate on your decrees.
24 Your statutes are my delight;
    they are my counselors.

Children enjoy memorizing verses when they are put to music with motions. Have some fun with this video this video! We might just see how well you remember the motions at our team meeting this afternoon! 😀



 The longest chapter in the Bible talks about the impact God’s word had on David. What impact does it have on you? What are some ways you like to study the Bible?

2 comments:

Mike Miller said...

I especially enjoy having time early mornings to read my Bible and spend time with God. My favorite is to take smaller sections, a chapter or less and pray through that section-- this is especially meaningful if it's something I've recently studied.

Donna Jones said...

I prefer to study the Bible with question and answer type studies that make me think through the passage and look for specific things. When I just read the Scriptures I get things from it, but in-depth study is easier with a study guide. It is always helpful to pray before reading and studying to allow the Spirit to touch my heart directly.