Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Link to Dr. Ben Carson's editorial on 50th Anniversary of MLK's I Have A Dream

Public Domain: View of Crowd at 1963 March on Washington by USIA (NARA)

Yesterday America celebrated the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s I Have A Dream address on the Mall in Washington, DC. The Washington Times posted an excellent editorial by Dr. Ben Carson.  
It is hard to believe that 50 years have elapsed since the famous “I have a dream speech” of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.on the Mall in Washington. I was an 11-year-old child in Detroit languishing in the midst of poverty, but very interested in the strides that were being made in the civil rights movement.
I was the only black kid in my seventh-grade class and over the previous two years had risen from the bottom of the class to the top. My mother had forced us to read, which had a profound positive effect on both my brother Curtis and myself. I was quite optimistic that things were getting better for black people in America.
Read more: here. Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter


332909: Gifted Hands, The Ben Carson Story, 20th Anniversary Edition Gifted Hands, The Ben Carson Story, 20th Anniversary Edition
By Ben Carson & Cecil Murphey / Zondervan

Ben Carson, MD, works medical miracles. Today, he's one of the most celebrated neurosurgeons in the world. This is the story of his inspiring odyssey from his childhood in inner-city Detroit to his position as director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital at age 33. Carson is a role model for anyone who attempts the seemingly impossible as he takes you into the operating room where he has saved countless lives. This 20th Anniversary Edition includes a letter to the reader from Ben's mother, Sonja Carson.

No comments: