Sunday, June 27, 2010

Elijah (Week Four) Questions for discussion and reflection

At the end of 1 Kings 19 we find Elijah emerging from the pain of depression with a newfound mission of raising up an apprentice. Elijah obeyed God and passed the torch onto Elisha.

Read 1 Kings 19:19-21.

1. What was the significance of Elijah throwing his cloak over Elisha?

2. Why do you think Elisha was so willing to go with Elijah? Why did he burn the plowing equipment and cook the oxen?

3. What can we learn from Elisha’s example? How can we wholeheartedly pass our faith on to others?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, possibly this post is not on topic but in any event, I have been browsing about your site and it looks really neat. It is easy to see I am creating a new blog and I am struggling to make it look great, and supply excellent subject matter. I have learned a lot here and I look forward to additional updates and will be returning.