Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving!

In Paul's greeting to the Thessalonian Christians he writes, "We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thessalonians 1:2, ESV). What is written of these first century Christians is also true of Zion's Life Group leaders.

Almost daily I hear of stories of "works of faith" and "steadfastness of hope in Christ" being put into practice. The best part of Celebration Sunday for me was seeing hundreds of families come forward to present offerings of toys, shoes, coats and food (check out more at Pastor Trent's blog: www.trentkirk land.com). Sunday was special because we got to share in this experience together corporately as a church family. What happened Sunday is repeated all the time on a smaller scale in our life group communities.

Following the last message of 40 Days one of our Life Group leaders wrote to his group, "I hope you enjoyed last week's sermon from Trent, "Who is my neighbor"? I feel that as a Life Group we do very well at living this sermon! I can think of four or five occasions recently that members of our Group have selflessly served to help a 'neighbor'. I feel blessed to be a part of this Group." I echo his words and thank God him and the rest of our Life Group ministry team. Thank you for your ministry and for allowing Sherrill and I to be a part of it with you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: