Thursday, October 14, 2010

CRU at CUP... Ask anything night


Great time last night at Cru's "Ask Anything Night" at CUP. Way to go student leaders and staff who are making things happen at CUP. Thank you to all who prayed for our team as we answered the questions of over 70 students packed into a meeting room in Gimmel. Here's a sampling of the questions we were asked:

What is you are terrified of death and eternity? Why are you guys so confident while many of us still have questions?

I am hesitant to let my current lifestyle go. If I accept Jesus as my personal savior will I need to change?

The Bible talks about wives submitting to husbands and such... does that mean the woman's rights and gender equality efforts of the past century are wrong?

If I don't know the Bible as well as i should now, how can I still reach out to others?

Where do Christians stand on the world ending in 2012?

At the end of the night two students indicated a desire to put their trust in Christ! Pray for them as they begin their journey with Christ.

While on the topic of reaching out to university students... Doug Hull is planning at CUP bonfire and hay ride at ZCC on Friday, October 29th. If you'd like to help with this event or want to know more about how you can be a part of reaching students email Doug at douglashull@verizon.net.

No comments: