Sunday, May 23, 2010

Questions for discussion and reflection Saint Week 4

Bible Study Questions for Reflection and Discussion (Week 3)
Justification

1. Read Romans 5:1-11. What does it mean to be justified? Verse 1 states that justification results in peace with God. How does it do that? Does justification seem fair to you?

2. Which of the following statements is supported by Romans 5:2.
o “I am justified before God because of the good (righteous) things that I have done.”
o “I am justified before God because He does not take my sin that seriously.”
o “I am justified before God because of Christ’s sacrifice for me.”
o “I am not justified before God because of my sin.”

Support your conclusion using Romans 5:1-11. Explain what is wrong with the other statements.

3. Read Romans 8:30-34. Why is the answer “because God said so” sufficient to give the Christian assurance of his or her position in Christ.

4. What changes in my life is God calling me to as a result of a renewed understanding of my identity in Christ?

No comments: